please help me find a part for my brushcutter

Discussion in 'Tools And Equipment' started by ZEbbEDY, Jul 17, 2012.

1. ZEbbEDY

ZEbbEDY Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    well long story ;) i got a split shaft strimmer off ebay from germany. i think its just a chinese one under different names and the first time i used it got to the end of the garden and was making a knocking noise inside....oh great i though it was going to need a rebore or somethig so it just lay around for a year and i opened it up recently and was a simple fix, loose bolt on the centrifugal clutch, so now i cant find the second part of the split shaft anywhere it musr be lost, is there anywhere i could get one from?

the strimmer here is identical apart from mine has bull bars...the part i need is circled, also need the trimmer head

i 'think' its a 7 spline 25mm attachment, thanks soooo much for any help

[​IMG]

2. watergarden

watergarden have left the forum because...i'm a sad case

Ratings:
    +549
    If what you say is true
    It will be easier to get a new one, since unless you know some one who has the same model as you, and you can pinch a part from their one. Often Chinese manufacturers do not supply spares, hence cheaper to get new one.

3. *dim*

*dim* Head Gardener

Ratings:
    +1,593
    may be cheaper in the long run to buy a good used one off ebay

I recently bought a used Honda UMK431 off ebay for £145 ... a new similar one will cost close to £500