Please help

Discussion in 'Lawns' started by Nikingham, Apr 26, 2018.

1. Nikingham

Nikingham Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    hi I’m new to gardening as this is my first house I’ve just into my property and I’m wondering if I could get some advice about the weeds in my lawn ie how to remove and make my lawn nice or do I need to rip it all up and start again any help would be appreciated thanks

938A920C-3872-4590-A321-5A79A7F355D9.jpeg 3E042E99-A01B-4632-AA1A-F0BEFBEF86AC.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 26, 2018
  2. Marley Farley

Marley Farley Affable Admin! Staff Member

Grandmother Gardener Councillor Homemaker
    Ratings:
    +14,124
    • Like Like x 1
    • Nikingham

Nikingham Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
      +0
      Brilliant how would I apply this is there a trick to it or is it quite self explanatory thanks

• Marley Farley

Marley Farley Affable Admin! Staff Member

Grandmother Gardener Councillor Homemaker
      Ratings:
      +14,124
      It is pretty self explanatory really. The box tells all. ;) You can buy a spreader at the same time as the weed and feed to apply it, I do it by hand. You do it just before rain and obviously keep pets and kids off till washed into the ground. You will be amazed by the difference very quickly :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 1
      • Verdun

Verdun Passionate gardener

Ratings:
        +17,486
        Welcome Nikingham :)
        I Agree with Marley......careful not to overdose and water in well after a day or so

• Like Like x 1
        • Liz the pot

Liz the pot Total Gardener

Ratings:
          +1,259
          Purchase the Evergreen weed and feed as suggested and purchase this spreader.
          Scotts Miracle-Gro EvenGreen Drop Spreader: Amazon.co.uk: Garden & Outdoors

The setting will be number 6.

The little book will show how to spread with the spreader. You do 2 lines either side of the lawn then you walk across. The lines you first do allow you to start moving and then hold the trigger in and you release the trigger as you enter the other 2 lines.
          Over lap as the release area is narrower than the wheel base but you can see some little arrows on the bucket to show how much you over lap.
          If you water in work backwards as it contains iron which stains. Sweep of any fall from patio areas and always fill the spreader on a hard surface and not the grass.
          Once you have spread it wash the spreader down, there’s a spring under it and that needs to be cleaned off as the fertiliser is corrosive.

• Agree Agree x 1
          • Informative Informative x 1