Plug/seed trays.

Discussion in 'General Gardening Discussion' started by rustyroots, Jun 5, 2012.

1. rustyroots

rustyroots Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +2,946
    Hi All,

I got these from the 99p shop yesterday, 5 tray with 20 plugs in each tray ( 100 plugs). Each plug is 2 Inches deep and 2.5 Inches wide all for 99p. Bargain in my view.

plugs.jpg
    Rusty

• Like Like x 6
    • HYDROGEN86

HYDROGEN86 Head Gardener

Ratings:
      +883
      They never have hanging basket brackets in stock though round here :cool:

• rustyroots

Ratings:
      +2,946
      I think that they have had a delivery of new stock, they never had the rectangular plastic troughs in by me for ages, but now they have loads. They have loads of hanging basket brackets aswell although they are not very long so they may not be big enough for a large basket.

Rusty

• Like Like x 1
      • HYDROGEN86

HYDROGEN86 Head Gardener

Ratings:
        +883
        :ThankYou:

i shall try one last time then :blue thumb:

• Scrungee

Scrungee Well known for it

Ratings:
        +28,997
        I use quite a few of those. They're very good for getting the plants out with minimal root disturbance as the cells are very thin & flexible, so much so I thought they might only be single use, but I've got 3 uses so far out of the first I bought when they were also sold in Poundland.

The disadvantage of them is that they don't fit in seed trays, making them difficult to move around or transport from home to my plot. The best (only) solution I've found is to put them in blue plastic 'mushroom boxes'.

P.S. These are also useful for standing toilet roll tubes in when using for sowing parsnips in them.

• rustyroots

Ratings:
        +2,946
        I got some of these earlier this year and what i did was to cut one line of pots off so it leaves 15 in a tray and these will fit into a gravel tray. After doing 3 it gives you 3 single strips that will fit into there own gravel tray, these were then planted up and given away to family. I also put toilet rolls in them for my sweet peas.

Rusty