Poor little thing

Discussion in 'Wildlife Corner' started by youngdaisydee, May 17, 2009.

1. youngdaisydee

youngdaisydee Gardener

Ratings:
    +5
    My Friend found this in his garden yesterday...

[​IMG]

It has been Peck'd to bits from other birds :( Poor little thing, he's just a baby.. When you go near him he hisse's at you but he's eating and drinking so should be ok, my friend is going to try find the owner or if not his neighbour wants it and so does'e his kids, theyv'e named him/her Molly :D Can anyone ID him ?

I tried to take a pic of his injuries to his back and wings but he wasn't having any of it, They have let him out the cage and he's trying to fly so thats a good sign..

[​IMG]

2. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Hi Dee,Molly looks like a Cockatile to me.I expect he has accidenly escaped from his owners when they went to clean out his cage or else they have had him flying loose and someone has left a window or door open.

I am not sure looking at him in his bedragled state as to wether it is a baby or not.If you PM Shiney,then Mrs Shiney when she isn't busy might be able to tell you about giving him some Rescue Remedy if you have any for shock.Other than that you need to get him to a vets ASAP so that Molly can be assessed to see if there are any internal injuries,but that is going to cost a lot and I am not sure if any vets are open today.

Are you feeding him on the type of food that Cockatiels eat?Make sure Molly has plenty of fresh drinking water and do keep us posted as to how it goes:)

3. youngdaisydee

youngdaisydee Gardener

Ratings:
    +5
    Thanks Kandy, I thought Cockatile, My friend heard there's a breeder in the next street so he's going to ask them if he's there's, Theyll know what to do.. Ill let you know :)

4. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    hi dee its definately a cockatiel, poor little thing i do hope she survives the shock of what she went through, keep us posted and i would probably call a vet and see what they say normally vets are open for emergencys