poor old kenneth

Discussion in 'Pets Corner' started by matt22, Jun 29, 2008.

1. matt22

matt22 Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    oh dear i just had to take one of our cats to the vets to be put to sleep what a horrible dessision to make but at the age of 14 and his kidneys had failed it was for the best

2. terrier

terrier Gardener

Ratings:
    +12
    No matter how hard the decision, I always think, at this stage of their illness would they survive in the wild. If the answer is no then your mind is made up for you, no one wants to see an animal suffer. You did the responsible thing. So why do we all feel so guilty afterwards.? Because after 14 years they are part of the family.

3. Kedi-Gato

Kedi-Gato Gardener

Ratings:
    +35
    Sorry to hear about your poor Kenneth, Matt, I know what you are going through and how you are feeling.. We had to do the same just 11 months ago with our darling Gato and for the same reason. I still have a cry now and then, did so earlier on today in fact, but it was the best, at least for him. You saved Kenneth a slow and painful death, you did the right thing. x

4. Diziblonde

Diziblonde Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Oh matt how awful for you. love to you and your family xx

5. Anthony

Anthony Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Hi Matt.

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. Your tough decision was definitely the right one.

Ant.

6. Ivory

Ivory Gardener

Ratings:
    +2
    I am so sorry. I lost my old cat for the same thing, she was 17. It is such a heartbreaking thing. You are in my thoughts. :(

7. borrowers

borrowers Gardener

Ratings:
    +48
    So sad for you. But you made the right decision. kenneth is in catty heaven now, chasing to his hearts delight:)

cheers

8. Shobhna

Shobhna Gardener

Ratings:
    +8
    So sorry to hear you sad news.
    I know how you are feeling. I used to have cats and after 9+ years of not having cats, I still miss my Rebel and Simba and Mtoto.