1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Poorly apples

Discussion in 'Pests, Diseases and Cures' started by awomaninsane, Jul 31, 2017.

1. awomaninsane

awomaninsane Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +8
    I have a lovely little apple tree in my back garden that gives us 'Truly Scrumptious' apples. The only problem is that they are developing little brown holes (something eating them?) that then go on to get bruised. It happens each year and I don't know why. I usually just cut out these nasty bits and eat them (the apples not the brown bits!) but I'd prefer it if I could stop them appearing in the first place.
    Pic attached was taken yesterday and in previous years these brown marks/ holes have gone on to get bigger.
    Advice desperately needed!

Attached Files:

2. Irmemac

Irmemac Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +1,686
    Not sure about this, but after a quick Google, I found this information concerning apple scab, which looks similar:
    Apple scab and pear scab/RHS Gardening

Love your user name by the way!

3. awomaninsane

awomaninsane Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +8
    Thanks @Irmemac that looks exactly like what it is. Its a shame that there is nothing I can do to fix it though. :sad:

• Like Like x 1