Postal Scam..???

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Marley Farley, Nov 13, 2007.

1. Marley Farley

Marley Farley Affable Admin! Staff Member

Grandmother Gardener Councillor Homemaker
    Ratings:
    +14,126
    :( Tis the time of year I think... :( I had this in from a friend who does actually work for the post office, so am assuming it is true... But never sure, something for us all to be wary off perhaps...!! ;) :(

2. Sarraceniac

Sarraceniac Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    Looks like the sort of scam that could be true Marley. We never phone 09 numbers (and look twice at 08s) and in fact with our telecoms provider (two-tin-cans-and-a-length-of-string-r-us) we were able to make it impossible to phone premium rate numbers. That is in case the grand-kids decide they 'want to hear a story'. And definitely anybody with dial up internet (as opposed to broadband, there are still a few) should take advantage of this service, which is normally free, to prevent rogue dialers hijacking their computers.

3. Marley Farley

Marley Farley Affable Admin! Staff Member

Grandmother Gardener Councillor Homemaker
    Ratings:
    +14,126
    [​IMG] Yes I thought it might well be genuine John, so posted it for all to be aware of.. I too check any 09 or 08 numbers before I dial... You really do have to be careful these days.... :rolleyes: [​IMG]