Privett Help!

Discussion in 'Gardening Discussions' started by Gj1234, Jan 7, 2023.

1. Gj1234

Gj1234 Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Hello
    Can anyone advise the issue I’m seeing with my Privetts. Leaves turning yellow and dropping off (obv should be evergreen). They have been planted for 2years now in a DIY raised bed. The raised bed sides have been lined with DPM to retain some moisture but only the sides not the bottom to allow drainage into the lower ground. So one concern is water log. I was also thinking could it be wind damage? We are on the south coast but not near the sea so I would say an average garden climate. Any advice would be very much appreciated!

6D64E87F-6D89-4993-B2FF-5637C9157CAF.jpeg

2. ricky101

ricky101 Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +4,291
    Hi and Welcome to the Forum,

Lining the sides like that is a common practice and as long as the base is free then doubt waterlogging will ever be a problem.
    With a raised bed, drying out in summer is more of a problem and you need to water more often.

Regarding the leaves dropping off, that can be quiet normal in the winter when lots of frost around.
    The same question was answered just yesterday so have a look at this thread for some more info.
    Is my privet about to die?

• Like Like x 1
    • Loofah

Loofah Admin Staff Member

Ratings:
      +23,854
      It's fine, just got caught in some cold weather and will come back in spring

• Like Like x 1