problem with my clem. montana

Discussion in 'General Gardening Discussion' started by girliecook, May 10, 2009.

1. girliecook

girliecook Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi everyone!
    Ive had a clematis montana in for about 2 years and ive just noticed tht the leaves on the new shoots are wilting. There are 2 woody stems growing and the shoots off the one are fine but the shoots off the other are drooping. Is there anything I can do? should I cut the drooping stem bck as its old wood.:scratch:

2. lollipop

lollipop Gardener

Ratings:
    +24
    It may have been trodden on or otherwise accidentally broken-or of course the everpresent problem with slugs may have caused it. Safeguard against that with some sort of slug repellant and leave it for the time being-if it starts to crisp and brown up then remove it.

3. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Molly coddle it i.e.water and give it a good feed and it should be fine, the same happened to one in our old gardens and I never thought it would survive so I said to one our sons I would give him a fiver if he could managed to save it and save it he did not bad for an 8 year old kid!Hel.xxx.

4. girliecook

girliecook Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    LOL! wht should I feed my clemetis? and when and how often?

5. Palustris

Palustris Total Gardener

Retired
    Ratings:
    +3,071
    Maxiecrop,Miraclegrow or Tomorite, all equally good and used according to the info on the packet work well.