Questions

Discussion in 'General Gardening Discussion' started by Anne-J, Jun 30, 2008.

1. Anne-J

Anne-J Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all,

I was wondering if any of you fellow gardeners out there could help me. I am currently in the process of writing a book all about organic gardening. I am looking to aim the book at beginners to intermediate gardeners.

If you have a question that you would like answered about anything related to organic gardening please don't hesitate to reply to this thread or send me a pm. I will then try to answer the question as best as I can in the book and will send you a free copy of the book when it is completed. Thanks for your time.

Anne

p.s. Any of you more experienced gardeners shoot us a pm and I'll do my best to add it to the book!

2. JWK

JWK Gardener Staff Member

Ratings:
    +48,995
    Anne, just for starters what do you recommend for generating loads of home made compost (i've been one of the unlucky ones this year and bought in some 'Organic' compost contaminated with weedkiller and lost all my toms and others). I am thinking about how to get self sufficient in compost for next year.

3. lollipop

lollipop Gardener

Ratings:
    +24
    and another-how do obtain the friendly bugs-lacewing etc and free ways to encourage them in and to stay.

4. Loofah

Loofah Admin Staff Member

Ratings:
    +23,866
    Is there a good organic lawn treatment for weeds? (long shot but you never know!) I guess hand weeding would count...

5. Sezzle

Sezzle Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Something I've never been able to get my head round: Just how do you mulch an established bed when there's hardly any space between the plants?