1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Quince tree dying

Discussion in 'Pests, Diseases and Cures' started by leonora, May 20, 2017.

1. leonora

leonora Gardener

Retired (translator)
    Ratings:
    +29
    20170520_182433.jpg Can anyone tell me why my precious quince tree seems to be dying?

2. Ned

Ned Evaporated

Prime Minister
    Ratings:
    +5,404
    Your plant seems to be unhappy - probably because it is in such a tiny pot. It would be better if you planted it in the garden so that it`s roots had a bit more space, and it needs a feed too I think.
    It is not too clear from the photo, but is it a flowering quince - Chaenomeles ?

• Like Like x 1
    • leonora

leonora Gardener

Retired (translator)
      Ratings:
      +29
      Thanks......The problem is that there isn't an actual garden as such, it is a terrace with pots. Should I transfer it to a larger pot?

• Ned

Ned Evaporated

Prime Minister
      Ratings:
      +5,404
      Yes. You need to feed and water the poor thing. I would find a pot a little bigger than the one it is in now, and buy some really good compost - like John Innes. I would also cut it back a bit to about a foot high - just above a bud. See how it goes, and don`t forget to water it - make sure there is enough drainage though so it doesn`t get waterlogged. When it picks up and fills that pot with roots, you can put it in a slightly bigger pot. Good luck.

• Like Like x 2