R.I.P Floyd 24.6.95-11.8.07

Discussion in 'Pets Corner' started by Floydgreg, Aug 12, 2007.

1. Floydgreg

Floydgreg Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    It is with much sadness that I have to tell you that yesterday we made the heart wrenching decision to have Floyd put to sleep.

As many of you will know she had been battling cancer since January and after much treatment including amputation and chemotherapy we were told the cancer had spread and nothing more could be done.

She had not eaten properly for about 2 weeks and had started to refuse her medication-Even hidden in chicken. This of course meant she had no energy for walks and due to multiple tumors had started to be sick a few times a day.

To save her having to suffer anymore and although we were assured she was uncomfortable but not in pain we decided she did not have the quality of life she so much deserved. Rather than watch her decline any further and whilst she was still able to wag her tail occasionally we made the choice to let her go.

As with any hard decision we were not sure it was the right one-Then she went to sleep for the final time and I felt her peace wash over me and knew beyond a shadow of a doubt we had made the right choice.

I know many of you out there will understand what I am going through at the moment-I would like to share with you some of the many pictures taken over the last 12 years.....

[​IMG]

As a baby at about 12 weeks

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

With her new best friend Meg (Who will be introduced in a separate post..)

Sleep peacefully my baby, we will meet again one day.

Sophie

2. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    very sad sophie, you must be missing her something teribble, like her best friend, meg is a little sweetheart, she too will be lost without floyd.
    I am pleased you gave me the opportunity and priveledge of water colouring floyd.
    Rest in Peace floyd [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. Marley Farley

Marley Farley Affable Admin! Staff Member

Grandmother Gardener Councillor Homemaker
    Ratings:
    +14,127
    :( Oh Sophie, My heart goes out to you. I know exactly what you are probably going through right now.. I was in the same position some years ago.. The photos are lovely, she was obviously a happy dog.. I think Floyd was telling you it was ok.. The feeling of peace.. [​IMG] RIP. Floyd.. Over the Rainbow Bridge, and peace.. [​IMG]

Marley.

4. Kedi-Gato

Kedi-Gato Gardener

Ratings:
    +35
    Sophie,

I am so sorry to hear about Floyd, but you did make the right decision. We went through this with our Gato just 11 days ago so we know what you are still suffering.

It is the hardest decision for the person but the easiest one for the pet to be allowed to go to sleep and avoid all the pain that would have come.

Lovely photos and she was a very lucky dog to have someone who loved her as dearly as you did.

My heart-felt thoughts are with you Sophie. xx

RIP Floyd

5. Victoria

Victoria Lover of Exotic Flora

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +55,479
    Heartfelt thoughts from me too. We haven't buried our Candi yet and her ashes still sit in front of me!

If I remember correctly, didn't rosa paint your precious? If so, you like Kedi-Gato (my Sis) will have a wonderful memory.

Gosh, this is just a dreadful year for a lot of this with our dearly loved furry critters. :(

I look forward to meeting the lovely Meg. [​IMG]

6. Diziblonde

Diziblonde Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    So sorry Sophie, we all know how hard a decision like that is, but like you said, you can feel that it was for the best. she had a lovely face and you can just see what a loving dog she was by looking at her eyes, she really reminds me of a dog we had.

Like LoL, I am looking forward to meeting Meg who looks the cutest. what a lovely picture of them together

7. Gogs

Gogs Gardener

Ratings:
    +342
    My thoughts are with you Sophie , "run free little one ". xxx

8. high kype

high kype Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    sophie thinking of you floyd is at peace with no pain xx

9. tiggs&oscar

tiggs&oscar Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm so sorry for you. It's the worst decision we ever have to make when we have creatures in our lives.

From your previous posts about her you did everything you could for as long as you could. All I can say is I am thinking of you.

TO

10. accidentalgardener

accidentalgardener Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Sophie,

So sorry for your loss [​IMG]

11. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Sophie,sorry to hear of your loss.I know how you feel as we had to make the same decision last September.Meg is soooo sweet :cool: [​IMG]

12. walnut

walnut Gardener

Ratings:
    +15
    Sophie you made the only decision possible under the circumstances, I know how you feel most of us have gone through the same emotions with our pets, it's not easy,you have your memories and lovely pictures of her to remember her by, my thoughts are with you.

13. Honey Bee

Honey Bee Gardener

Queen Bee
    Sunny South coast (well, it used to be......)
    Ratings:
    +54
    Sophie - its a very, very hard thing to decide, but it was the right thing. At least Floyd is at peace now. [​IMG] [​IMG]

14. marge

marge Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    So sorry I have only just seen this post. My heart goes out to you Sophie because I know what a difficult time it is for you. You made the decision at the right time for sure. Run free Floyd xx