relax

Discussion in 'Member Requests' started by steven, Apr 10, 2005.

1. steven

steven Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    there should be a place where we just relax

2. revin helen

revin helen Gardener

Ratings:
    +36
    I have a place like that I call it a garden.

3. Ladybird

Ladybird Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    I come from the garden, greenhouse and other places to computer to relax, lol.

4. Bayleaf

Bayleaf Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Anywhere where you can comfortably hold a chilled glass of liquid refreshment is relaxing! Especially on a warm eve outside, after a hard day's gardening (or by a warm fire after a wet, cold muddy day outside) [​IMG]

5. cazza

cazza Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Now you're talking.I remember the days (vaguely) long summer evenings, the bbq sizzling away, wine and beer on tap and a few good friends.Problem with being ib Scotland is that by 6pm it's bl**dy freezing and the midgies are eating you alive.This year,weather permitting,I've got the ant-bug candles and a patio heater.Yippee!

6. slugbug

slugbug Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    My relax area is our canal narrow boat,but I do miss My garden. Most boats have planters on the roof.Last year on our boat we had 2 troughs with fresh lettuce leaves and spring onions.The chilled wine for the hot sunny evenings applies to both the boat and sitting on my patio with the pond filter running. I just love to be by water to relax. cheers all happy relaxation where ever
    you are
    jacqui

7. alan

alan Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    jacqui my father is going on a narrow boat holiday later this year leaving the midlands via the trent and mersey joining the canal that runs through cheshire heading down the LLangollen. Can you recommend any stop overs that they can enjoy. They enjoy good pub food and days out walking.
    thanks very much
    alan

8. slugbug

slugbug Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Alan,
    So many good places I dont know where to start.
    I dont think there is a pub we havent tried.
    One of our favorite places on the Llangollen is Wrenbury as it is a weekend run for us. There are 2 pubs, The Cotton Arms which is child friendly and has reasonable priced food. The Dusty Millar food is a must if you like good food ,need to book if it is a weekend though expensive but worth every penny.We tend to moor up after going through the road lift bridge and walk back to the pubs.Nice walks from Marbury village. Pub there has changed hands a few times so cant recommend.
    Culd tell you lots mor but I would recommend just explore and enyoy hope he has good weather..Boaters are very sociable and friendly
    and most have a dog on board.Our dog is Buster.

9. Tishame

Tishame Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    A place to relax ? Thats easy ! I go to work :D

10. Paladin

Paladin Gardening...A work of Heart

Retired but still grubbing the soil.
    Ratings:
    +770
    Agree boating so very relaxing.
    Don't own one but go down Avon on sis-in laws.
    Just sit back, watch a different world open up, crack a beer and laugh listening to her old man moan about having to steer!
    She says he's much better than her !!!!

11. Andy C

Andy C Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Hello everyone. My first post. Try www.yorkshirefishing.net I use it for info' on where to fish. Find a venue and sit with the swans and feed the finches. Gardening's a lot harder especially when (like me) you don't know what you're doing. When the names of the plants and not knowing when to get the sheers to them gets you down,- go fishing.

12. sallyann

sallyann Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Slugbug & Alan,
    2 People after my own heart 2 Loves of my life (apart from hubby of course), Gardening & Boating

13. sallyann

sallyann Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Slugbug & Alan,
    2 People after my own heart 2 Loves of my life (apart from hubby of course), Gardening & Boating.Nice summers evening a chilled chadonnay in the garden and we're off to llangollen on the canal in september about our ninth on a canal holiday MAGICAL,
    Kind Regards.
    P.S Andy C Try Tickled Trout Fishery In Tavistock Devon Fabulous. If You want any more info let me know?.

14. sallyann

sallyann Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry about double message could'nt decide to sip the wine or send the message?

15. Daisies

Daisies Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +2,686
    You must be one of those computer boffin types then! [​IMG]