Renfrewshire Plant Recycle

Discussion in 'Gardening Clubs and Societies List' started by rovingricey, May 8, 2010.

1. rovingricey

rovingricey Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
  2. Marley Farley

Marley Farley Affable Admin! Staff Member

Grandmother Gardener Councillor Homemaker
    Ratings:
    +14,124
  3. rovingricey

rovingricey Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    It's been absolutely brilliant for me as I am out of work and have very little money to spend on plants, seeds etc. I was given some beautiful plants from people clearing out their borders last autumn, a Kaffir Lily, Lupin, Hardy Geranium and an Acanthus. :gnthb:

It's a very friendly group and they have just solved my problem of where to find horse manure locally. I just want more and more people in Renfrewshire to join so we can help each other even more!

If anyone reading this wishes there was something similar in their area I'd advise checking Yahoo and Google groups to see if there already is a group and if not, why not start one up!

It's very easy to do and it's a great way of encouraging recycling rather than wasting plus you get to meet other gardeners in your area!

4. Scotkat

Scotkat Head Gardener

Retired
    Ratings:
    +827
    Fantastic idea this is what we are doing at our community garden as its a recycle garden.

5. Maddie

Maddie Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Oooh, thank god I spotted this. I had just mentioned elsewhere in the forum that my garden was finally being sorted next week but we had nothing to go in it. This might be helpful and maybe somewhere could use some left over seeds I have.

Nice to see someone else in Paisley =)

6. Cornflowerblues

Cornflowerblues Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    This Saturday (22nd) is the Grow Kilbarchan Plant Exchange at the Guide Hall in Kilbarchan (just up from the co-op) from 11-1.

We are holding our first event this Saturday and hoping that many of you will be able to come and join us.

Primarily it is to enable people to offload some of their excess plants, big or small, and swap them for something new. And if you have nothing to swap just come along to browse. You can buy anything that's here without having something to swap. In addition there will be a seed swap and a few plants and seeds for free. Also we will have our local beekeepers, information on composting, worms, salad tray making workshop, smoothie bike and refreshments.

Its secondary function is to unite a few like minded souls who wish to use up and/or improve the gaps sites locally, filling them with flowers and veg. We would also like to encourage everyone to start growing something.

It is free to come in so come along to the Guide Hall in Kilbarchan this Saturday (22nd) from 11-1 and enjoy.

https://www.facebook.com/GrowKilbarchan