Restriction to posting links

Discussion in 'Site Feedback/Bugs' started by Angelina, Jan 21, 2012.

1. Angelina

Angelina Super Gardener

Translator/Teacher
    Ratings:
    +1,081
    Sorry, have been long gone from the forum and I'm trying to update the album link in my signature. It is a facebook link, but I had to create new albums over the season as this one filled in July. Instead of posting several links, I just wanted to upload a fuller version of my album at:
    Snimka.bg:

The following message appeared:
    No such restriction applied before. Besides, even my current signature contains a link, contrary to this rule.
    :scratch:

2. Phil A

Phil A Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Angelina,

Welcome back.

We've had a Man in doing some upgrading of the board software recently. That is to stop spammers joining & leaving a commercial link.

3. Angelina

Angelina Super Gardener

Translator/Teacher
    Ratings:
    +1,081
    'a Man in', capitalised, sounds grand! :heehee:

OK, I'll be compliant and change signature after my 100th post. I will not flood any threads, I promise.

4. Phil A

Phil A Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    :D He was a big Man, our Rich, bless him:dbgrtmb:

I'm sure you won't. I did try to put your link up but the software wouldn't let me do it either:DOH:

• Like Like x 1
    • PeterS

PeterS Total Gardener

Retired
      Ratings:
      +4,015
      Hi Angelina - its so nice to see you back. I have had a good look at the pictures in your link - that are loverly. Are they all plants that you have grown? because there are some really super ones there that don't grow so well in my cold climate.

• Like Like x 2
      • Angelina

Angelina Super Gardener

Translator/Teacher
        Ratings:
        +1,081
        Thank you Peter. I've grown some of the plants, and bought most of the roses and shrubs or received them as gifts from Bulgarian forum mates. Some of them bloomed for the first time this season and really took me by surprise. Happy if I could be of any help for those you find interesting!:sunny:

• PeterS

PeterS Total Gardener

Retired
        Ratings:
        +4,015
        Thanks Angelina. I like to grow a lot of things from seed, simply because seed is cheap and the range of seeds available is possibly 100 or more times as great as the range of plants available.

For instance I loved your blue Ipomea. But my problem is lack of summer heat. Ipomea can grow well in the south of Britain, where it is warmer, but has diffculty in the north where I live. The first year I grew it we had a hot summer and it was wonderful, but the next two year the summer was colder and it was rubbish.

So I can only look and admire many plants that I know I can't grow here. I am having a go at Gloriosa rothschildsiana from seed - another of your plants. But last year I bought some tubers and they failed totally - perhaps for a similar reason :wallbang:

But you have to keep going. :sunny:

• Angelina

Angelina Super Gardener

Translator/Teacher
        Ratings:
        +1,081
        I'll send you blue ipomoea seeds (or send some more for you to pass on to other people). :thumb: It's the first year I have raised this plant, I hope that the seeds I collected will be as viable as the original ones. They germinate easily (in 4-7 days). What ipomoeas actually need is not really 'heat', but plenty of sunlight, organic rich soil and generous watering! They were adjacent to the dahlias. (And my dahlias were like a forest thicket this summer! :D)

However, seeds take an incredibly long period to ripen (like 2 months or longer!). I collected some of them after this very early snow in mid-October and dried them indoors. About 10% of all seedpods had ripend, the rest I had to discard...:(