Rhubarb&Seakale forcers plus old garden items for sale

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Sue., Nov 16, 2013.

1. Sue.

Sue. Gardener

Ratings:
    +49
    I havent been on much lately due to illness and then a family bereavement and now I am afraid my garden digging days are done so I have decided to sell up and travel for a while - me and the Great Dane are taking to the roads in a motorhome.

My family have owned the property here since 1952 and its just amazing how much you can amass in that time, especially if you are of a hoarding/collecting type personality - which I am.

So there is to be an auction here at my home of everything!!!!!

There will be over 1100 lots of my "things" to go and it is being sold from a couple of marquees here at home - though you can post bids or bid live online during the auction if you want

https://www.easyliveauction.com/auc...ction=1&rangepage=16&currentpage=1&sort=lotno

If you know of anyone else who may be interested then please feel free to pass the link on

I doubt if I shall be posting again in the future as there will be very little gardening to be done in a motorhome!!! Though I may set up some sort of Blog so if anyone thinks they may be interested in following my travels let me know. It is a total new thing for me and I have never had a caravan holiday even - so exciting times!!!!

All the best and thanks for an interesting and useful forum

Sue

2. Phil A

Phil A Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry to hear about your troubles Sue :sad:

I'm sure a lot of members will be interested so go ahead :)

Do hang around though, its not just about gardening on here. Hope it goes well and look forward to hearing about your travels :)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Sue.

Sue. Gardener

Ratings:
      +49
      Thanks - once everything is settled and sorted I may well find I have more time to do the things I want to do rather than need to do, so I may well drop by.

I have been an avid gardener since about 1954 when I made my first little garden - it was a real passion with me so I think I know a bit about it, even though I never had any training as such.

Sometimes hands on experience can be worth as much as studying and I love to share any knowledge I have gleaned.

• Phil A

Phil A Guest

Ratings:
      +0
      Worth more most of the time.

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Marley Farley

Marley Farley Affable Admin! Staff Member

Grandmother Gardener Councillor Homemaker
        Ratings:
        +14,126
        Wow a huge decision to have made, well done you.. Enjoy your travels, but as Zigs says drop by we would all love to hear...

• Lolimac

Lolimac Guest

Ratings:
        +0
        :wow: Exciting times Sue:dancy:...i wish you the best of luck:dbgrtmb: you could still shuv a few salad leaves and toms in pots whilst on the move;)
        Keep in touch if you can it will be great to hear of your travels:dbgrtmb:

• Phil A

Phil A Guest

Ratings:
        +0
        Good idea Loli :)

When the fair comes to town, the owner pitches his waggon, out comes a little picket fence & plants, that area is his garden for the summer :)

• Like Like x 1
        • Fern4

Fern4 Total Gardener

The gardener of the house!
          Ratings:
          +7,491
        • shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
          Ratings:
          +122,481
          Good luck with your travels. :blue thumb: