Romanesco Broccoli...

Discussion in 'Edible Gardening' started by Kandy, Dec 22, 2015.

1. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Bought one of these from Tescos at the start of the year and liked the taste so much we decided to have a try at growing them.When I popped to the lottie yesterday to see if there were any parsnips to dig up I spotted one of these so went through the plants and cut a few although think they need to get a bit bigger before we harvest them... image.jpeg

• Like Like x 3
    • Dips

Dips Total Gardener

Ratings:
      +3,631
      Arn't they cauliflower not broccoli?

I like them too i prefer their nuttiness we are having one in our broccoli, cauliflower and leek in cheese sauce on xmas day

• Kandy

Head gardener
      Ratings:
      +6,543
      Hi @Dips i wasn't sure of the spelling so had a Google calling it a cauliflower but it came up with Broccoli and as I haven't got the seed packet assumed that what Google said was correct,and I always say that what Google says Google says right :biggrin:

If someone knows which term is correct I would be most greatful and yes Dips they do have a distinct taste that we both liked:smile:

• Friendly Friendly x 1
      • Dips

Dips Total Gardener

Ratings:
        +3,631
      • Kandy

Head gardener
        Ratings:
        +6,543
        image.jpeg Hi Dips,I have taken a photo to show you what they look like when cooking.I put the small one in the saucepan so it is like a little cauliflower and then one of the other heads the stems looked like broccoli so I cut the base of the stalk and they came off the rest of the stalk like broccoli do when they are growing.Will have to see if I can find the seed packet as Mr Kandy bought them from the garden centre and he sowed them and pricked them out so I haven't a clue what the packet says.Lookng forward to having them tonight with our chicken:biggrin: Sorry if the photo looks blurred but it is the steam rising from the saucepan and it went on the camera lens:snork:

• Friendly Friendly x 1
        • Dips

Dips Total Gardener

Ratings:
          +3,631
          • Like Like x 1
          • Kandy

Head gardener
            Ratings:
            +6,543
            image.jpeg I took this photo from off of the T&M site and they have them down as both broccoli and cauliflower so we are both right.:thumbsup: Just finished eating our dinner and they went down very well with the chicken:dancing:Sorry forgot to add the photo earlier,oops:snork:

• Agree Agree x 1
              Last edited: Dec 22, 2015