1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Rosa Rosette Disease

Discussion in 'Roses' started by Mike Allen, Mar 15, 2018.

1. Mike Allen

Mike Allen Total Gardener

Retired. Plant Pathologist.
    Ratings:
    +6,097
    Having seen that many members are keen rose lovers, I thought it an idea to raise this subject. Please don't panic. I have been reading info from across the pond and it appears that a disease affectin mainly roses grown in the northern states of the USA.
    The disease is spread by a tiny mite, that travels very much on the wind. It can't fly. To save myself from typing pages etc, might I invite you all to make use of the internet to learn more about this disease.

As far as I know, here in the UK. DEFRA haven't made this a reportable plant disease. However despite the problem being around dare I say my lifetime, up and til now we Brits have been in the dark.

The more you read the more you learn.

Thinking along the lines of climate change and taking note of recent weather conditions. Winds from across the world have capacity to transports so much to our shores.

Please do your research on line. Check your roses and if in doubt notify DEFRA>

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Gail_68

Gail_68 Guest

Ratings:
      +0