Rose Care

Discussion in 'Roses' started by butter cup, Jul 22, 2012.

1. butter cup

butter cup Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    My roses have alot of black spots on their leaves. When they flower the roses only last a few days. The plants are young i only planted them 3 months ago. They are hybrid tea roses. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks

2. Loofah

Loofah Admin Staff Member

Ratings:
    +23,866
    Sounds like a hybrid tea rose to me! They're finickety little things. Spray for the blackspot and pick up and bin (not compost) the infected leaves. Feed with rose fertiliser and keep well watered.

• Like Like x 1
    • butter cup

butter cup Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
      +0
      Thanks for that. Just out there now trying to sort it out. They are starting to flower so fingers crossed.:)

• ARMANDII

ARMANDII Low Flying Administrator Staff Member

Ratings:
      +100,838
      If you can, buttercup, spray the fungicide either early morning or late evening when the insect life is not around as some fungicides also include a insecticide which will wreak havoc on Bees, Hover Flies and all the other beneficial insects. Next year you need to spray the Fungicide in Spring just as the Roses start to "move" and then spray possibly once a month, with the timing proviso!!:snork:

• Like Like x 1