Rose leaves curling.

Discussion in 'Roses' started by dinp, Jul 28, 2015.

1. dinp

dinp Gardener

Ratings:
    +7
    Good morning.

I have several roses, some in pots and some in the ground. I have noticed that some of the roses have leaves that are curled, looking a little droopy, particularly at the end of stems. I have examined the leaves and they have no signs of any aphids or other bugs. The leaves otherwise have no discoloration. These are all young plants, but growing well. Two are cuttings from a rose bush , The Pilgrim, that I managed to root in water last year which have really grown well, so far.

Two are climbers in deep pots, with support, that I am trying to keep small.

I have fed them all with Toprose a few times this year and sprayed with Roseclear every few weeks.

The miniature roses in pots seem unaffected.

It has been very windy recently and there has been two or three days of lots of rain after very warm weather. Now it is much cooler. Could this have caused this? Could it be too much fertilizer?

Thank you.

2. wiseowl

wiseowl Amiable Admin Staff Member

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +91,663
    Good afternoon @Dips my friend in a word yes that could be a reasonable assumption,do they curl up or down:smile:

3. dinp

dinp Gardener

Ratings:
    +7
    Wiseowl. thank you for the reply.

The curling is only to the cane ends and the leaves are curling downwards and drooping. It looks like it is affecting the light green new growth. Other leaves look fine.

I have added a picture. Its not a great picture, but it shows the curling and drooping of the lighter, newer leaves.

Thank you kindly. Rose.JPG

4. Dips

Dips Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +3,631
    Am i on your mind @wiseowl ;) you quoted me by mistake :)