Rosehip and Rosemary tonic?

Discussion in 'Recipes' started by clueless1, Oct 20, 2012.

1. clueless1

clueless1 member... yep, that's what I am:)

Ratings:
    +19,596
    Has anyone tried anything like this.

We all know rosehip syrup. That one needs no introduction, but I've thought of a potential variation.

Rosemary imparts an amazing flavour, which I find goes well with sharp or sweet flavours. It is also well documented as a tonic herb, being mildly stimulant, and anti-inflammatory.

I've done a batch of rosehip syrup tonight, but still have half a bag of rosehips left. I might chuck in a few sprigs of rosemary while the rosehips are stewing. It could be a disaster, but I think its worth a try. Has anyone tried anything like this before I wonder?

2. "M"

"M" Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +31,885
    No, I haven't, but I'm keen to hear how yours has turned out (and if well, a recipe too please :heehee: )

Sometimes, when I have a bottle of red wine to open, I add a sprig of rosemary to the wine bottle while it warms to room temperature; adds a delicious depth to red wine!

• Like Like x 1
    • clueless1

clueless1 member... yep, that's what I am:)

Ratings:
      +19,596
      I'd forgotten all about this idea. It just so happens that I have some rosehips in the fridge, I might give it a try.