Rotavator / Tillers

Discussion in 'Tools And Equipment' started by moonraker, Jan 25, 2012.

1. moonraker

moonraker Gardener

Ratings:
    +243
    Well i dont have to tell anyone its winter and the next time all the garden machines will be asked to do there work wont be that far away and so i feel now"s the time to service all the machines ready for the start of the season,

Ive two forms of earth turning machine's one is what i call the rolls royce when it comes to rotovators, its called a howard gem, you may have seen it in the TV, the good life program, the model i have is diesil and its got 3 forward & one reverse gears, its a beast of a machine but what a machine it is, i bought it 20 years ago now and it cost me £300-00 when i bought it,
    christ only knows how old it was then, but every year i service this machine and its never let me down and its done a hell of a lot of work over the years, the only item ive ever bought (not counting oil, & fuel & grease) was a new tyre, It's a hand cranked start handle engine and it starts on the 3rd turn everytime.

The second form of earth treatment ive bought 3 years ago now was a very small tiller " make= MANTIS."
    Now for those who dont know this machine is a tiller action machine and this petrol engine machine is made for tilling between rows and between tight areas of planting,
    I find it a smashing little machine and well worth the money (again around £300-00) but it keeps the weeds down and the beds looking nice and clean
    And this is a cord pull start system.

It really pays to look after the verious garden machines as ive said i service mine when the weathers bad and not much can be done outside, its a job i look forward to doing in the workshop (radio on) and the coffee to hand and Roxanne (the dog) to foot.:oops: