Sad olive tree

Discussion in 'Trees' started by rahayden84, Jul 13, 2024.

1. rahayden84

rahayden84 Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi there,

We recently bought a couple of olive trees (about 3 months ago) and since the unseasonably wet weather we've been having in South East UK in past few weeks, l've noticed one of them looking very sad (see pictures). Quite a few leaves are dropping along with browning and curling of others.

It was repotted about 2 months ago out of the shop pot and into a terracotta one using a mix of John Innes No 3 compost and 20% horticultural grit so I would assume drainage is not the issue (although it has been raining a lot so will be getting watered a lot naturally..). I have also fertilised it when I potted it using an olive tree fertiliser mix.

Any ideas how I can save it? The other one (bought at same time, treated the same way and sitting right next) to it seems fine.

Thanks!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. WeeTam

WeeTam Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +5,118
    Have you taken it out of pot to make sure its draining properly? Might have a blocked drain hole/ poor drainage.

If so take out rootball dry a bit before putting back in .
    I've been trying to get my olives going again had success with the olive focus feed.

• Agree Agree x 1