Sainsburys Tomatoes

Discussion in 'Edible Gardening' started by David G, Mar 25, 2007.

1. David G

David G Gardener

Ratings:
    +24
    HI All

I saved some seeds from some really sweet Tomatoes I bought at the supermarket I planted them and they have come up, they are called Vittoria Piccolo from Holland this is now the correct name as I have bought some more. Does anybody have any information on these, should I remove the side shoots and stuff like that, I am planning to grow them in the greenhouse and outside. I have a few spare if any one lives close and wants to collect them.

I normally grow Gardeners Delight because the kids like the sweet Tomatoes.

Thanks in advance

[ 19. April 2007, 07:20 AM: Message edited by: davidguy ]

2. Liz

Liz Gardener

Ratings:
    +65
    there is one called Victoria [English translation?] which sounds as if it might be yours-
    http://www.nativeseeds.org/v2/prod.php?prodID=TM005
    I have the same problem, I'm growing one from Morrisons called Dolce Rosso [sweet red] which I can't trace. However it comes true from seed and I grew it as a cordon in the greenhouse very successfully last year. Good luck with yours! [​IMG]

3. David G

David G Gardener

Ratings:
    +24
    Hi Liz
    Thanks for the info I will try them as cordon and see how I get on. I guess when you say grows true from seed means you get fruits??

Thanks again

Dave