Salad Leaves

Discussion in 'Edible Gardening' started by cajary, Jan 1, 2008.

1. cajary

cajary Gardener

Ratings:
    +15
    I fancy trying these in containers, this year. Antone tried them? I couldn't find anything in the "Search" bit [​IMG]

2. Bluedun

Bluedun Gardener

Layabout
    Ratings:
    +37
    Not tried them in containers, I tried them for the first time this year. If I get the same results next yera thats all I will grow it'll be good by Lettuce.

Was going to try them in growbags over winter in the greenhouse, but not got round to it.

3. cajary

cajary Gardener

Ratings:
    +15
    Hi, Blue. So they were O.K.? How many cuttings did you get of them? I'll grow them in containers 'cause the gardens full of Brugs. How much space do they need? By that, I mean how much space between each plant? [​IMG]

4. walnut

walnut Gardener

Ratings:
    +15
    Caj. they are ok in containers I did some last year, the guy next door has a florists shop he gave me a load of window boxes I placed them around the edges of the p/tunnel put beans in some and cut and come again lettuce, both were successfull must have had 3 or 4 cuts off them and the beans seemed to last forever cropping all the time.

5. Bluedun

Bluedun Gardener

Layabout
    Ratings:
    +37
    From a 4 foot row I was cutting for a few weeks, din't bother about spacing just sowd the seed and left them.

6. cajary

cajary Gardener

Ratings:
    +15
    Thanks for the replies. Sorry about the delay in replying but I fell down the stairs and cracked a couple of ribs. Only just managed to get out of the recliner [​IMG]