Save my Dracaena Marginata

Discussion in 'General Gardening Discussion' started by Escondite, Jan 31, 2006.

1. Escondite

Escondite Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    I have had this plant for about two years and with watering twice a month it has been fine. However i have recently moved place and the plant has never been the same since. The leaves are falling off (at the top its almost bare), and the stems at the top have gone soft and are drooping. I think this means that its dying, and i really would like to save it. Does anyone know of a way to save it? If not, will a cliping survive? Please help me!

2. Dave_In_His_Garden

Dave_In_His_Garden Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Hi Escondite.. did you get any further with this? I wonder if location in your new house has anything to do with it? I found that I put my Dragon Tree in entirely the wrong place when I first got it and it became a very sad looking plant. We moved it to another area in the house (the bathroom) - bright but not direct sunlight and a (naturally) quite humid atmosphere. It has picked up so much, we are going to have to repot it this spring! Hope this helps [​IMG]

3. strongylodon

strongylodon Old Member

Retired
    Ratings:
    +29,477
    what conditions was your Dacaena growing in your previous house compared to your new one i.e light/shade. It has obviously made a difference. Is it the plain green form or variegated? As Lisa says it may be too late to save it.