Scrubbing out for Spring

Discussion in 'Greenhouse Growing' started by David G, Mar 6, 2010.

1. David G

David G Gardener

Ratings:
    +24
    Hi All

I am going to scrub out the greenhouse this afternoon and I normally use Jeyes Fluid although a while ago (I cant find the thread) someone on here said to stop any blight reaccuring there was a different chemical that could be used after the Jeyes treatment, any ideas what that would be and would you advise doing that.

I grow in boxes and change the soil in the boxes each year (concrete floor).

I normally grow Tomatoes, Cucumbers, Chillies and Peppers.oh and start seedling off in the greenhouse.

Thanks

Dave

2. Dave W

Dave W Total Gardener

Anything I fancy and can afford!
    Ratings:
    +3,035
    Hi Dave
    Dithane spray is effective against blight but normally is applied later in the year when hot and damp conditions cause blight to get active and start spreading.
    I've never had blight on my greenhouse toms and have never sprayed them, but two years ago I lost the majority of the outdoor crop to blight. Last year I started spraying as soon as I became aware of blight in the local area.
    BTW my greenhouse has a concrete floor too and I usually disinfect with Jeyes.

3. David G

David G Gardener

Ratings:
    +24
    Hi Dave

Thanks for the reply, Yes I think I will do the usual and scrub out with jeyes then I am a bit late this year I normall like to get the fish boxes out in the frost as I feel that helps to kill off some of the nasties that can re-appear.

Thanks again

Dave

4. Blueroses

Blueroses Gardener

Ratings:
    +2
    Hello ! Hope you dont mind me joining in here. My greenhouse glass is very green mostly on the inside. Any tips for getting this off. Im not very agile at the moment due to a bout of sciatica :(

5. JWK

JWK Gardener Staff Member

Ratings:
    +48,979
    Maybe use some bleach first (keep it away from plants of course!) - leave it for a couple of hours then use a hose or power washer (use on low setting).