Scrubbing out for winter

Discussion in 'Greenhouse Growing' started by David G, Jan 14, 2006.

1. David G

David G Gardener

Ratings:
    +24
    Hi All

I have taken everything out of the greenhouse including the earth (I grow in clean Fish boxs)I have found 3 toads or frogs not sure of the difference, I am going to scrub all the green off with bleach & hot water, the question is where should I put the frogs/toads outside I want to put them back afterwards as they are keeping the slugs at bay.

I presume it will be OK to clean out and leave for a few weeks before I put the boxs of earth back.

Thanks in advance

Dave

2. Honey Bee

Honey Bee Gardener

Queen Bee
    Sunny South coast (well, it used to be......)
    Ratings:
    +54
    Hello

We love frogs and toads here, too, but we are not experts..... basically, they like to hibernate in lots of earth and leaves, etc...

What you could do is put them in a large pot or bucket, on its side so they can get out easily, are they buried or under anything? Try and re-create that and put them in a quiet corner of the greenhouse, as if you put them outside, unless they are active enough to find a new place, they may die from the cold....
    [​IMG]

3. Lady Gardener

Lady Gardener Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    i d tend to leave them alone, they will go out in spring
    frogs have smooth skin toads are warty