Seeking Advice: Keeping Patios Clean After Jet Washing

Discussion in 'Garden Projects and DIY' started by sunshinesouth, Jul 4, 2024.

1. sunshinesouth

sunshinesouth Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Hello Everybody,

I hope this message finds you well. I'm reaching out to gather some insights about patio maintenance. After jet washing your patio and surrounding areas, do you use any products to keep them clean for longer? If so, could you please share what products or methods you find effective please?

Thank you !

2. Plantminded

Plantminded Keen Gardener

Retired
    Ratings:
    +2,859
    Hello @sunshinesouth, I have an Indian sandstone patio and paving which I keep free of algae and moss with Patio Magic, applied 2 or 3 times a year. There are other similar products like Algon and Wet and Forget. It’s important to follow the instructions carefully. You’ll see improvements within 2 to 3 days and onwards. Patio Magic also works on ceramic tiles, decking and fencing.

• Agree Agree x 1
      Last edited: Jul 4, 2024
    • lizzie27

lizzie27 Super Gardener

Retired
      Ratings:
      +1,323
      I have the same paving as Plantminded and also use Patio Magic or Algon. It works ok in most places but if it rains a lot, our two shaded paths still tend to go greenish again within a few months.

• Agree Agree x 1
      • sunshinesouth

Ratings:
        +1

Thank You

• Like Like x 1
        • sunshinesouth

Ratings:
          +1

Thank You

• noisette47

noisette47 Total Gardener

Ratings:
          +15,195
          We've got brushed concrete on the 280m2 terrace and reconstituted concrete slabs around the pool area. The concrete has steadily been acquiring black lichen spots and nothing short of an atomic bomb will shift them. The slabs are more resistant, being smoother, and an annual pressure-wash followed by a coat of Sika hydrofuge protector is just about keeping them presentable. Much depends on the amount of rainfall, though. It's incredible how much grime is washed down in the middle of the, supposedly, clean French countryside.