1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Seeking Instructions for old NHM Ltd Greenhouse Assembly.

Discussion in 'Greenhouse Growing' started by Phyzio, Aug 5, 2018.

1. Phyzio

Phyzio Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    I have been given an unused Galvanised Steel greenhouse kit. Made & Sold by NHM Ltd of Norfolk, ( who are no longer in business!). The instructions have been ruined by damp except for a tiny bit (hope to attach). I have contacted Norfolk Greenhouses but they are unable to help. It looks as though it was designed to be clad in PVC sheeting but I will change this to acrylic panes if I can get it assembled! I have spent hours on Google with no luck, except to find out that NHM are out of business. Any help gratefully received. Thank you.

Attached Files:

2. TMAK

TMAK Tommy

Environmental analyst
    Ratings:
    +217
    Do you have any pics of the parts. I got a second hand greenhouse 2 years ago with no assembly instructions and with a bit of playing around managed to get it up. They generally all fix together the same way it’s just a matter of laying all the pieces together and figuring out what is what.

3. Marley Farley

Marley Farley Affable Admin! Staff Member

Grandmother Gardener Councillor Homemaker
    Ratings:
    +14,125
    So it is a greenhouse that widens as it goes down not the usual straight sided greenhouse is that right @Phyzio .?

From what one can see from the instructions it looks this shape but in aluminium.?
    [​IMG]

4. Phyzio

Phyzio Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Yes, that shape. Made from galvanised steel. Meant to be glazed with PVC sheeting (which I will not use, instead more hardy polycarbonate sheets).

5. Redwing

Redwing Wild Gardener

Ratings:
    +2,830
    First thing to determine is the rough dimensions. Then determine which are the base pieces. Then work from there. If you are practical and have a good sense of spacial relationships, you’ll work it out. Give yourself plenty of time to make mistakes and you’ll get there. The biggest problem may be replacing pvc sheet with rigid pieces.