Sequelstered iron - using too much

Discussion in 'Roses' started by CostasK, Aug 30, 2024.

1. CostasK

CostasK Gardener

Ratings:
    +46
    Hi,

I am in the house of my parents in Cyprus and they had bought some sequelstered iron because some of their roses have chlorosis, and I used it on the roses using a watering can a few hours ago.

In retrospect, I think I may have used too much. I used a similar quantity as the product I use in the UK, but the colour was way richer with this product. It really was very deep.

If I give them a good watering tomorrow morning, would that help dilute it before it potentially causes damage?

Or do you think I shouldn't worry too much about it?

Thank you.

2. pete

pete Growing a bit of this and a bit of that....

Retired
    Ratings:
    +91,982
    Did you follow the instructions?

The one I use does look very red when mixed, you can water the area again if you want to be sure but the plants mostly take up only what they require.

I've used it on pot plants mostly and never noticed a bad reaction.

3. CostasK

CostasK Gardener

Ratings:
    +46
    Thanks @pete

No, I know it's not wise, but I didn't have a measuring cup and I was trying to do it in between other jobs as soon as possible, so I did it by eye. But I didn't factor in that this product seems more potent than the one I am used to.

When I looked into it online, apparently an overdose can create toxicity to the point of damaging plants, but I don't know whether that's for extreme cases - at worst, I probably used double than what I should have.

I might give them a watering tomorrow as they have had those roses for about 35 years now!

• Informative Informative x 1
    • pete

pete Growing a bit of this and a bit of that....

Retired
      Ratings:
      +91,982
      Yeah give them a good heavy watering if you are worried.

• Like Like x 1