she's 91, her car is 45

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by redstar, Sep 5, 2009.

1. redstar

redstar Total Gardener

Domestic Goddess
    Chester County, PA, USA, Plant zone 4 & 5
    Ratings:
    +11,493
  2. borrowers

borrowers Gardener

Ratings:
    +48
    Wow! Can you see any of the modern cars lasting that long? I think she's great and also very brave, the way she just travels all over.

cheers

3. Doghouse Riley

Doghouse Riley Head Gardener

"Pleasantly unemployed."
    Ratings:
    +4,413
    Thanks for posting that.

She must live in a fairly dry state and garage her car, it's usually the damp and salt on the roads that causes rust that increase a car's mortality rate. The added malaise is if you get a shunt, particularly in this country, no matter how well it's repaired, the rust will get in.

I've posted elsewhere about my son's 32 year old VW campervan, which he bought which came from Utah a couple of years ago, it had virtually no rust despite being very unloved for years.
    She obviously drives sedately so the wear on such a big engine would be minimal.

She seems a very alert and sensible woman. I liked the "lifetime guarantees" bit.

4. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    what an amazing lady, just enjoyed watching that so much, good luck to her and her beloved car, doubt a car here in the uk would last that long , at least they have more dry weather over in the states and cars last longer, thanks for sharing redstar

5. Welly bobs

Welly bobs Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Lovely clip, both look fantastic :D

6. JWK

JWK Gardener Staff Member

Ratings:
    +48,997
    What an amazing old dear, and so very astute with her lifetime guarantees on her battery, shocks and exhaust - she's had 16 batteries for free having paid a bit more for the first one to get the lifetime guarantee :)