Shutter remote

Discussion in 'Photography Talk' started by wiseowl, Jun 16, 2007.

1. wiseowl

wiseowl Amiable Admin Staff Member

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +91,507
    Does anyone use a Shutter remote control and Is there any advantage to using one with a Digital Camera.

2. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Hi Woo,Yes they are a great help.Mr Kandy says that if you are trying to take night time shots,or anything that needs a long exposure{Low Light Conditions}then a Shutter remote control is a must as is a Tripod to hold the camera steady.Good Luck :cool:

3. glenw

glenw Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    I haven't got one :( and my camera won't accept one :mad: I just have to use the camera timer to try to reduce camera shake

4. wiseowl

wiseowl Amiable Admin Staff Member

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +91,507
    Hi Kandy,Glenw Thanks for that,I will have to check if mine Is compatible with one. [​IMG]

5. digital flower

digital flower Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    My Nikon D70s came with a wireless remote (for shutter release) and I love it. It also works on my Nikon 8400 point and shoot. Great for night shots!

6. jjdecay

jjdecay Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Which camera do you use.
    On Canon SLRs,there is no screwthread on the shoot button,but you can get a strap that wraps around and has a place for a cable release.

Theyre a must for wildlife photography aswell,as you dont have t be too close,which often scares the animals away.

Good luck
    jjdecay.

7. Dorsetmike

Dorsetmike Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Most DSLRs have a socket for an electrical remote control cord, some of these are not cheap!!
    As GlenW says above if you don't have a remote control then use the "self timer", these can usualy be set to give a delay of up to 10 seconds, used to be so you had time to dash round the front of the camera and get in the pic yourself, if it has a facility to adjust the time select something like 2 seconds, less time for the wildlife to fly off.