Silently nagged!

Discussion in 'Wildlife Corner' started by Sheal, Jul 12, 2011.

1. Sheal

Sheal Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +53,892
    Pottering in the garden today there was a row of starlings sitting on an overhead cable. They sat there for some while and I new exactly what they wanted. Having felt not heard their silent nagging, I gave in and filled the bird bath up yet again, so they could come and empty it just as quickly as I fill it. :)

• Like Like x 3
    • Phil A

Phil A Guest

Ratings:
      +0
      Chickens do that too Sheal, they just beat you up if you don't fill it though.

• Like Like x 2
      • joolz68

joolz68 Total Gardener

Ratings:
        +5,386
        we seem to have a lot of swallows this flyin above this yr :scratch: not as many blackbirds thou ..sparrows are loving the garden and the odd robin,put the 2nd pond in now so hopefully ill see more next yr x

• Pixie

Pixie Gardener

Ratings:
        +400
        I get the 'silent nagging' treatment off the doves, who are nesting on my satellite dish arm. They come down to my bird table and look in the window to see if i am going to put food out. They only do that when the bird table is empty. But today, i came home from work went up to the bedroom to get changed to go into the garden and there on my windowsill was a very young dove - straight from the nest on the satellite dish arm, which is next to my window. Aww, so cute.:) Of course i went straight outside with some food for them just in case s/he was hungry.

• Sheal

Sheal Total Gardener

Ratings:
        +53,892
        My brother has 'Joe' the crow that sits on his kitchen window sill waiting to be fed with chips. As soon as they're put out for him he takes them off to dunk in the bird bath before eating. :)