slugs

Discussion in 'Pests, Diseases and Cures' started by paul walker, Aug 29, 2007.

1. paul walker

paul walker Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    hi sorry for not been on for a while but my computor as been away to be fixed, plus i,m having alot of trouble with my blood presure my doctor as been trying to get it down now for 9 weeks, i went to doctors today to have it checked again it was 156/101/100 and i,m on medication to try to bring it down 150mg daily, i have to see a nurse then my gp nxt tuesday to check it again, i think my gp will send me to see some one about it why its not coming down, my mum is not happy about it at all taking this long, i have got billy (my parrot) on video saying some new words, counts to 7, bla bla black sheep have you any wool, plus more words, please check it out & rate it, video.google.co.uk then in the search write billys new video thank you, paul walker.

2. Sarraceniac

Sarraceniac Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    Hi Paul. Hope you are soon feeling better.

3. josephine

josephine Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Hi Paul,please look after yourself, that reading is high.
    Take care. [​IMG]

4. Victoria

Victoria Lover of Exotic Flora

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +55,162
    Hi there, Paul ... slugs as well as snails? ... :eek: Answer my PM from six weeks ago. Pleased to hear Billy is okay even if you're having a bit of a tough time. Get in touch.

5. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Hi Paul,sorry to hear that you are having problems with your blood pressure.My husband is quite slim but he developed high blood pressure when he was in his early forties, due I think to his heavy smoking though he won't admit it and also a stressful job.His sister is like a skeleton and developed the same condition aged 29.
    The doctor will want to monitor it if there is any heart disease in the family. You need to cut down on salt in the diet,try not to get too stressed out and to try and fit in moderate exercise at least 30 minutes per day if possible.

Please take care and do let us know how you get on [​IMG]

6. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Sorry to hear about your BP Paul my husband suffers also with it along with numerous other conditions,he is on tablets to control his but sadly they are not working at the moment too many drugs conflicting with each other and when he gets bad with his BP he is really poorly.
    Please take care of yourself and I do hope you can get it under control soon.
    Helen.xxx.

7. kryssy

kryssy Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    I think I am going to step into the cauldron here but here goes. There are many alternative remedies to high blood pressure and without the dreadful side effects which conventional medicine gives you. Mr K has hereditary high blood pressure but with alternative remedies can keep it at a norm. Firstly, Rutin. A much maligned remedy which works. Then look at your potassium and magnesium intakes. Lastly, up your calcium. A lot of hypertension prescriptions are made up of calcium enriched tablets. Just look at mineral water and you will see the differences in the calcium levels in each one.

With a good supplement and adequate exercise you can keep your blood pressure at a healthy level and avoid the nasty side effects which conventional medications give you.

I am by no means advocating putting your health at risk by poo-pooing medications which in the long run will prolong your life, but it is all too common for GPs to prescribe drugs for conditions which could be quickly alleviated by alternative methods and thus avoiding long term side effects which in some cases require additional medicines to combat the side effects.

I have rarely taken conventional medicines ââ?¬â?? not even antibiotics ââ?¬â?? if I know there is an alternative. A typical conversation with my GP would be ââ?¬Å?Will I die if I do not take this medicine?ââ?¬Â My GP eventually realised that I would try anything other than what he could prescribe and we got along famously.

I think you have to look at why you have high blood pressure rather than trying to find a remedy to correct it. Once you find out the ââ?¬Å?whyââ?¬Â the remedy comes easily.

Good luck.