Sold one of my greenhouses

Discussion in 'Greenhouse Growing' started by Scotkat, May 29, 2007.

1. Scotkat

Scotkat Head Gardener

Retired
    Ratings:
    +827
    But new owner not ready for it yet so gives me time to give it a good clean.

Upgrading to a 10 x8 but a bit of work moving and building extra length base.

If it would dry up long enough to get the job done.

And new greenhouse I am getting to have heat and a light in it .

I do fancy a warm heat bed not sure how to go about this would welcome any suggestions.

What do you recommend.

2. walnut

walnut Gardener

Ratings:
    +15
    Are you planning on sleeping in there Scotcat [​IMG] there are soil warming cables also heat mats for going on benches to put your pots on. If your planning to lay a cable in the ground you must insulate underneath otherwise all the heat will be absorbed into the ground, you lay the cable on the insulation in a serpentine fashion usually spread sand over to diffuse the heat and you have a warm bed.

3. Scotkat

Scotkat Head Gardener

Retired
    Ratings:
    +827
    Hi Walnut no not sleeping just keeping my plants cosy this will be for next season as now I am self employed as a Lady Gardner also have orders for hanging baskets so this will be a place to keep them before I pass them to their owners to tend to.

My husband will be doing the electrics in greenhouse shall mention this to him.