Sollya heterophylla

Discussion in 'Tropical Gardening' started by longk, Nov 26, 2011.

1. longk

longk Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +23,091
    The Sollya heterophylla is also known as the Bluebell Creeper. It is one of my group of must have plants.
    The small flowers of 6 to 8mm are borne in clusters at the end of new growth from late April through to October. All three of mine are still producing the odd flower. Pot grown around canes it will reach 1 to 1.5metres.
    As it is tender it needs winter protection - mine live in the garage over this period.
    It strikes easily from new growth cuttings in the spring.

[​IMG][/IMG]
    [​IMG][/IMG]
    [​IMG][/IMG]

2. Spruce

Spruce Glad to be back .....

Ratings:
    +12,352
    Mine died Jan /Feb I had in the green house and covered in fleece but minus 10 finished it off, I didnt realise you could get them in white as well,

When in full flower hard to beat with the clour of the ble so intense I think itsa Australian plant ??

Realy easy to grow but I am getting fed up of protecting stuff and this year sticking with plants that can survive a winter like others past two winters have reeked havoc, amazingly my bananas in pots survived.

Spruce.

3. Victoria

Victoria Lover of Exotic Flora

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +55,189
    Yours are lovely and bushy longk. I had one here several years ago and it was a straggly climber and looked rather insipid so I gave it away. to a friend who has lots of land so always has room for a freebie. I had the blue .. should I get another I will trim it to be neat and compact like yours.

4. longk

longk Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +23,091
    Spruce - minus ten was probably pushing the limits a little for a Western Australian native!
    The white one came from Burncoose - they incorrectly sent the blue form at first, but replaced it without any fuss at all and told me to keep the wrong one too, which is why I have two of the blue form.
    Would you believe that there is now a pink form?:gaagh:

Victoria - my oldest one is now four years old and will be getting quite a chop next June. They seem to reshoot readily from old wood, so it should be ok.

• Like Like x 1