sony charger

Discussion in 'Photography Talk' started by rosa, Jan 27, 2008.

1. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    the charger and sony battery wont charge up when i switch it on the orange light comes on and after a while the light goes out, does anyone know what could be going wrong, when i was in goa my sony camera did some weird things and it wouldnt switch off and i had problems getting the zoom to go back in on the digital sony cyber-shot.
    I have changed the fuse in the charger plug and it still wont charge.
    any help would be greatly appreciated, should i take the camera and charger to a camera shop

2. Dave W

Dave W Total Gardener

Anything I fancy and can afford!
    Ratings:
    +3,035
    This is just a guess rosa as I don't really have enough info from what you've described.But going from what you have written, I assume the camera has been taking photos and the main problem has been shutting down and zooming. If this is the case it sounds a bit like the lithium-ion battery has not been fully charged or is not holding a full charge. Driving the motor that operates the zoom takes a lot more power than that needed for just taking and storing shots.
    The fact that the charger appears to be trying to charge the battery and then gives up, also suggests a duff battery.
    Now I could be completely wrong and the fault is in the charger not working properly and only part charging the battery.
    Either way, unless you have a pal with a volt meter and the technical nonce to do the tests, your best bet would be to pop into a good camera shop with camera, charger and battery and ask them to try a new lithium-ion battery in your charger to see what happens. If it works buy a new battery. If it doesn't work ask to try a new charger. And if that doesn't work you've got a fault in the camera.

3. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    thanks Davew, I will take camera,charger and battery to a camera shop and get them to test them all, it sounds like it is the battery yet the charger is just lighting up orange for a few seconds then goes out, they reckon these square sony batteries are expensive, think i will go on the net and check out prices. will let you know what happens. thank you again

4. wiseowl

wiseowl Amiable Admin Staff Member

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +91,630
    Hi Rosa how did you get on with your Battery Charger, [​IMG]

5. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    hi woo, I havnt taken it yet will try and get it to the camera shop today, I must get it done as i want some pictures that i took of were i stayed,their dog bingo a labrador is on my camera and i am going to water colour her for them, with the camera not being charged theres nothing i can do.
    will let you know as soon as i get it to the shop.

6. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    just to let you know went to pc world they checked the charger and battery and said there is nothing wrong with them that the battery is fully charged, there could be a problem however with the sony camera as the zoom is sticking, and sending it to sony would cost a fortune. So i bought a new camera the new kodak v1253 12 mega pixel, 3x zoom got it in pc world sale price normally �£299 and i got it for �£149 everything is included in it battery charger you charge the lithium battery in the camera, usb cable the only thing i had to buy extra was the memory card so i bought a 4 mb card. this camera is very similar to the lunix, nice wide screen on it in black.
    I am very happy with this new camera apparently its new out. should get some great pictures with it.