Sony Cyber-shot probelms

Discussion in 'Photography Talk' started by rosa, Feb 15, 2008.

1. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    when i was away my sony digi started playing up the zoom kept sticking, since i returned i took it to pc world with the charger and battery, they tested the charger and battery and they are fine, its the camera.
    the girl said to me any dust that gets in those sonys are very sensitive and they dont repair sony cameras, it would have to be sent to sony.
    I logged into sony website and to send it to them is freepost and its going to cost nearly �£120 to be looked at and fixed.
    As yet i havnt sent it to them and it seems ok at the minute.
    My daughter had said to me sometimes its just as cheap to buy a new camera than getting them fixed, which i took her advice and bought my new kodak digital for not much more.

2. khampson

khampson Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    It is true that I think you are as well to put your money towards a new camera, image prossesing is improving all the time, and cameras continue to become cheaper.

regards Keith

3. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    Hi Khampson,I bought a new camera and it didnt cost that much more than the price to send my sony for repair. for the most part it is fine and every so often it plays up, its a shame really as it takes nice pics, yet this new kodak V1253 i bought takes lovely pictures.