Spring flowering bulbs - best places to buy online?

Discussion in 'Gardening Discussions' started by TheMadHedger, Sep 27, 2023.

1. TheMadHedger

TheMadHedger Gardener

Ratings:
    +246
    As the title says.

Which online sites sell good quality bulbs (mainly daffodils and tulips I think I'm after) and also offer good customer service? Any recommendations please from those with experience of online buying?

And as an aside, besides daffodils and tulips, what other bulbs make for a good Spring display?

2. Perki

Perki Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +8,893
    Most online retailers are good , depends on quantity if you want a lot of bulbs of the same I'd use Parkers Wholesale not every bulbs will be big and fat but the cost makes up for it . Lots to pick from as well .

I personally favour Anglia Bulbs for best quality never had a bad bulb largest size . Farmer gracy are decent but expensive until the sales arrive. Peter nyssen probably has the largest selection most bulbs very good but they sell poor Dahlias tubers - avon bulbs good .

Crocus - hyacinths - Iris reticulata or dutch I prefer the little ones - anemones - muscari - Camassia and alliums for the garden . Could try fritillaria / eremurus if you have nice free draining soil

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • TheMadHedger

TheMadHedger Gardener

Ratings:
      +246
      Thanks a lot, that's extremely helpful.

• Selleri

Selleri Koala

Ratings:
      +8,039
      JParkers are very good and reliable, they also tell very clearly what you'll get and when it's delivered.

The best tip is to buy now whatever you absolutely must have and for the more standard bulbs (the Daffs and Tulips you want many of but are not that particular about the variety) in late November when the big discounts start. :)

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1