Square Foot gardening

Discussion in 'Garden Projects and DIY' started by Balc, Sep 5, 2023.

1. Balc

Balc Total Gardener

Retired
    Ratings:
    +9,684
    I've recently read an article on Square Foot gardening & I thought it might be an interesting subject to talk about & perhaps to learn from. This isn't the first time I've read similar articles but I thought I might post it on the gardening forums of which I'm a member & so we can share ideas about it & perhaps pique the curiosity of new gardeners while we are at it & encourage them to give it a go as a way of getting started growing things, not just veg, but herbs & flowers as well.

Square Foot Gardening

• Informative Informative x 2
    • flounder

flounder Super Gardener

RETIRED!!
      Ratings:
      +1,899
      I add various edible crops to pots, tubs and baskets. Pretty much get the same effect but with a floral display

• JJ28

JJ28 Gardener

the best - retired
      Ratings:
      +774
      This worked very successfully when I was teaching....Foundation stage. We set up garden area with paving slabs in a chequerboard pattern so that they could stand on slabs to tend the areas around them. Led to germination, in verandah area, pricking out, planting out, watering, weeding...and eating. I remember lettuce, tomatoes, radishes, beetroot, carrots. And marigolds (large seeds...1-1 correspondence) And a pumpkin which rampaged during summer holidays.

• Like Like x 2