Standard Rose - but which one to choose

Discussion in 'Roses' started by millerfamily, May 19, 2010.

1. millerfamily

millerfamily Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Folks

I have a lovely standard rose about 20 years old hybrid tea called Paul McCartney which flowers prolifically and fragrantly beside the front door of my house.

I would like to plant another standard rose in the back garden red, pink or white with a strong scent to fit in well with a mainly pink blue purple and white sunny border. I am struggling to decide which to choose and from which supplier.

Any suggestions and advice would be gratefully appreciated particularly about the best time to purchase and plant out.

many thanks

Richard

Richard.

2. wiseowl

wiseowl Amiable Admin Staff Member

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +91,667
    Good morning Millerfamily It could be The McCartney Rose?,there are many Standard Roses out there ,but I cannot find any Rose growers that do container Standards at this time of the year,as most do only bare Root from November to April,but i will keep looking for you and perhaps one of our other knowledgeable friends here will have the answer of where you can purchase a Standard Container Rose,sorry I could,nt be of more help to you:)(I will be Back):thmb: