Star Jasmine help.

Discussion in 'General Gardening Discussion' started by Paul Brazier, Mar 21, 2022.

1. Paul Brazier

Paul Brazier Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Hi, I live in south Sweden, i planted several star jasmine plants around a metal trellis last year in May. While small, they started well, some nice blooms over summer.

However over winter two of the plants leaves began changing colour, slowly red to brown. Eventually leaves following off. What is concerning is the same symptoms has spread to my four remaining plants.

Could this be a disease?
    Any advice would be massively appreciated.

Paul

Attached Files:

2. Jasmine star

Jasmine star Super Gardener

Ratings:
    +1,961
    Hi Paul,
    Ironic I know with my username :heehee: but my Jasmine plants leaves do turn red over winter. They also lose a few leaves too. Personally looking at your photos I wouldn't worry too much at the moment. I would trim off the dead leaves and remove any fallen ones to help prevent disease or fungus and give them a regular good watering. They should start putting out some new vines and leaves around spring. I don't usually feed mine but mulch around the base with well rotted manure once a year.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • NigelJ

NigelJ Total Gardener

Mad Scientist
      Ratings:
      +22,571
      @Paul Brazier
      Bear in mind that evergreen plants still lose leaves as the leaves age and "wear out". Stress ie winter, drought etc will speed up this aging process and the plants should respond with a flush of growth as light and temperature increase.
      Spring and autumn seem to be the main times for my evergreens to lose some of their leaves.

• Agree Agree x 1