started so I'll finish?

Discussion in 'General Gardening Discussion' started by riverside, Sep 23, 2008.

1. riverside

riverside Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    if you started a project to do in the garden, would you carry on even if it was raining, or wait until it had stopped? this is the second day it's been raining for here, and I couldnt get anything done yesterday regarding the removing of the gravel, should I carry on regardless or would it be even harder work than it was before?

2. Marley Farley

Marley Farley Affable Admin! Staff Member

Grandmother Gardener Councillor Homemaker
    Ratings:
    +14,126
    :(:wink: Hi riverside.. If it is raining I wouldn't try it, I would wait till it is dry... Think of the mud if you are walking on it... Of course if the ground is very hard or you don't have to stand on it a different matter....:scratch: It is up to you, but I would think about how much mess & damage it will cause if you do it in the rain... and then what it would be like in the dry...!!!!:wink::D Remembering you want to grass it.....

:wink: I know that when we decide to do something, we want to "get out & get on with it", but give it some deep thought first.... :wink: Plus it will be easier in the dry...!!!!!!:wink:

3. Ivory

Ivory Gardener

Ratings:
    +2
    I think it is literally a matter of inspiration. SOmetimes I just cannot wait for the weather to be better. But if you thread on soft soil during the rain, put down planks to walk upon to avoid compaction and muddy horrors.

4. UJH

UJH Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    This year I have done a lot of gardening in the rain. I have only given up when it has become torrential. We have a clay soil and there has been a lot of water on the surface. The trouble is that with work I have only got a few time slots when I can really press on and achieve results, plus my lawn will never be perfect because of the dogs.