Still hoping for help.......

Discussion in 'General Gardening Discussion' started by LeeGee, Jul 7, 2016.

1. LeeGee

LeeGee Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +2
    Hi everyone. I live in Brittany and have a very disappointing garden (1/3 acre), probably because I am a very bad gardener!! It's very dry (due to breeze), poor soil. Mostly lawn. It's not overgrown or out of control, just boring and lacks inspiration. I am looking for one or more great gardeners to come and stay in the guest annexe in my converted barn, which can sleep 5 people, have a free 'holiday' in exchange for transforming at least some of my plot. I'll feed you dinner too! Any takers? I live 45 mins from Dinard airport, 1 hour from St Malo ferry. I don't think it requires particularly heavy work - mainly expertise. Help!

2. burnie

burnie Total Gardener

Retired engineer
    Ratings:
    +5,263
    I'm not in a position to "pop" over, but I'm sure we could start you off in the right direction on here. Firstly we'll need to know what you'd like to grow, pictures would help to see the lie of the land. Your soil will most likely need feeding, especially if you wish to grow fruit or vegetables. Just digging a hole and planting things can be fraught with problems, get the soil right to start with and it's easier to maintain it and your plants.
    I would draw a plan of the garden, then a list of what you'd like to grow, then we can advise what is easier and what is more difficult.