Strawberries,Anyone For Tennis

Discussion in 'Edible Gardening' started by Kandy, Jun 18, 2015.

1. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    image.jpg I went over to the lottie this morning and just before I left there I decided to pick some of our strawberries that are just ripening and Mr Kandy has built a netted frame so that the birds don't eat them this year but as I was picking them I noticed that some of them been noshed by slugs which is rather annoying and I don't really want to resort to using slug pellets and I think copper tape will work out more expensive than what the crop is worth:frown:

Ps,have been to our shop and got some ice cream to have with them this evening when Mr Kandy gets home.Havent had time to make our own ice cream this year as we have been rather busy doing other things:snork:

• Like Like x 6
    • Phil A

Phil A Guest

Ratings:
      +0
      Excellent crop :):dbgrtmb:

• Agree Agree x 1
      • HumaadGardening

HumaadGardening Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
        +12
        They all look delicious! And a good amount you have there too. I definitely understand about the slugs, I just went out and saw they'd eaten 3/4 of my pea plant, so angry at those little monsters :mad: Also, I don't like using slug pellets either, but they're the only thing that will keep them away from my plants. Have fun eating those strawberries!

• silu

silu gardening easy...hmmm

Ratings:
        +8,083
        :)To hell with the tennis I'll have a big helping of the strawberries please. Great crop well done.

• Funny Funny x 1