Street Cameras

Discussion in 'Photography Talk' started by David K, Jul 4, 2016.

1. David K

David K Keen Gardener

Retired
    Ratings:
    +717
    I've probably been around long enough for anyone to take notice of me. Having said that, I would just like to say that this camera is the ultimate street camera for me: http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/fujifilm-x100t

Btw, I don't have one.

• Like Like x 1
    • Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
      Ratings:
      +6,543
      Thanks for that Dave Mr Kandy has been scratching his head trying to decide what to by me for my birthday :snorky:

• David K

David K Keen Gardener

Retired
      Ratings:
      +717
      Good luck with that one, Kandy. At around 700 squids, I guess it would be outside many peeps budget.....but we can dream. eh? :smile:
      I am a fan of Fuji cameras anyway and feel this is a cracker.

• Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
      Ratings:
      +6,543
      David,this camera would be for a special birthday and after all he knows I am worth it:snork:

Joking aside we have never had loads of cash to splash about and the other year Mr Kandy bought me a lovely ring for my Christmas prezzie but I made him take it back before the day as I couldn't justify having that sort of money spent on me:snorky:

I have never been materialistic but could do with another pocket camera as the Panasonic Lumix I have has managed to get some dust behind the lens and when we took it to see about having it looked at as it is out of its guarantee the shop told me it would be cheaper to buy a new one and I need a decent camera to take photos of some posh boats soon:snorky:

• David K

David K Keen Gardener

Retired
      Ratings:
      +717
      Yours sounds to be a good relationship Kandy, based on matters other than want, want.....nice to hear. :smile:
      Panasonic Lumix is an excellent camera and I think the dust issue is just a fob-off to sell another one.
      Along those lines, I think the Lumix LX100 is outstanding......I type this without checking how much it costs. :mad:

Of course dust is an issue with DSLRs on account of frequent changes of lenses.....quite an easy DIY job to clean both the sensor & lens though.
      I have a Pentax K50 DSLR which has encompasses a sensor cleaner setting.

• JWK

JWK Gardener Staff Member

Ratings:
      +45,619
      • Like Like x 2
      • Friendly Friendly x 1
      • David K

David K Keen Gardener

Retired
        Ratings:
        +717
        Yes, that would be an option, JWK....although such a purchase would need some reliable warranty.
        New models of all cameras seem to come on the market every week, so it follows that those who need/have to have the latest are realising some very good second-hand cameras into the market.

• JWK

JWK Gardener Staff Member

Ratings:
        +45,619
        Yes that's true. I have bought secondhand cameras on ebay in the past of models that are a couple of years old, it's a cheap way of getting a good deal and so far I haven't had a problem, but it is certainly taking a chance at losing £300 when it goes wrong after two weeks.

• wiseowl

wiseowl FRIENDLY ADMIN Staff Member

Philosophy of people
        Ratings:
        +89,265
        I would not advise anyone to clean their sensor, and I respectfully suggest that you always get your camera cleaned and serviced professionally,I would never go near the sensor or clean the mirror myself,just my own personal opinion ;)

• David K

David K Keen Gardener

Retired
        Ratings:
        +717
        I quite agree, Wiseowl, I would make it clear that I've received tuition in the process and have the necessary equipment.
        Having said that, some cameras (my Pentax does) have a inbuilt sensor cleaner that can be used safely without risk of damaging your camera.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
        • wiseowl

Philosophy of people
          Ratings:
          +89,265
          Yes @David K My Canon's and Nikon's have automatic sensor cleaning when you switch the camera off and on or I have the choice of locking the mirror and sensor cleaning that way,but it is not 100% ,but has I use my bridge camera 75% of the time now(Panasonic FZ1000) which is dust foolproof;)

Z-FZ1000-FRONTRIGHT-L.JPG

• David K

David K Keen Gardener

Retired
          Ratings:
          +717
          Wiseowl!! Stoppit!!.....don't get me started on cameras.

Yours is a total beauty, (trust me, I don't do patronising) when I say that the FZ1000 is reputed to have been responsible for more people ditching their DSLRs than any other camera.
          For me the quality of the lens & sensor are the most important factors to take into account when buying a new camera. With its Leica lens & 1" MOS sensor, it has to be good.

Worth the (approx) 600 squid asking price? Probably.

• Like Like x 1
          • wiseowl

Philosophy of people
            Ratings:
            +89,265
            Good evening @David K I do apologise my friend,but no one else will talk to yours truly about cameras:heehee:

• Like Like x 1
            • Friendly Friendly x 1
            • Dave W

Dave W Total Gardener

Anything I fancy and can afford!
              Ratings:
              +3,035
              I'll talk to you Woo, as I've done many times in the rather distant past !
              My experience with digital cameras so far, and views on on them:

My DSLR - Canon EOS 60D. Super camera, though with a bag of lenses weighs a ton. Absolutely first class for taking great shots with great control of all the important/creative functions. The one I use if I want to take a special shot and the burst mode is excellent. Used to take photos in RAW format as it gives me a bit more scope for 'tweaking'.

Sony HX90 - Tiny,light and fits in a pocket. Zooms to 400mm and has a pretty good macro range too. Eye level VF is very useful in bright light when I can't see the screen. Tilt screen is also handy at times. Battery lasts for ages. A fiddle to use any significant manual control over exposure, aperture etc but full auto works well in most conditions. Burst mode tends to be slow writing to memory. Video is pretty good!

Moto 3G - Camera phone. Who would have believed such a tiny bit of kit could produce 13 MP photos and decent video too. Fits in a trouser pocket and can upload to www without having to download to a PC. Pretty handy too for showing pics to other folks as can upload directly to www if I have a connection.

Apple Quick Take 150 - My first digital camera. Took 8 640x480 photos back in the mid 1990s. I thought it was just magic being able to take pics and upload to the school web site though printing above postcard size wasn't really on.

Most used at present is the Sony mainly because it's so quick and easy and portable and in the majority of situations takes good 'snaps'.

• Like Like x 1
              • Informative Informative x 1
              • Friendly Friendly x 1