Strictly Come Dancing 2010!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Melinda, Sep 11, 2010.

1. Melinda

Melinda Gardener

Ratings:
    +437
    Ive got a house full of rowers and we're having a Strictly party (well, they're here and its on!)

Miraculously, we've actually heard of these celebs this year.

[​IMG]
    Gorgeous Ola has been punished for wining last year and has been stuck with Paul Daniels. Who, not surprisingly has already engendered some rude comments round here.

Hooray Anton got Ann Widdecombe- didnt see that one coming. I want to see her Salsa.

Drinking games- two fingers for every duff Brucie jokes. Plus an extra shot of sambuca when the joke dies.

2. ClaraLou

ClaraLou Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +2,730
    Mrs Merton aka Caroline Aherne to Debbie McGee (Mrs Daniels): "So, what first attracted you to the millionaire Paul Daniels?"

3. Melinda

Melinda Gardener

Ratings:
    +437
    :D

How long have they been married?

4. roders

roders Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +7,094
    So it's stictly time again:yez:.
    Looking forward to LOTS of glamour,lots of fun and of course lots of controversy......:gnthb:
    Bring it on......:cool:
    Have a great party Melinda.......Wish I was there...

5. ClaraLou

ClaraLou Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +2,730
    Approximately 1,000 years.

6. ClaraLou

ClaraLou Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +2,730
    Well, twenty years anyway. Debbie used to cavort around while Daniels did his magic tricks and he always introduced her as 'the lovely Debbie'. Oh hell. I can't believe I actually remember this stuff. How horribly sad.

7. Sussexgardener

Sussexgardener Gardener

Ratings:
    +41
    I remember that as well Clare. So we're either as old as each other...or you're even older!

So apart from Paul and Ann, who else is in it? I didn't feel the urge to rush home to watch the programme this evening.

You drunk now Melinda? With Brucie's bad jokes and your drinking game, I'd say it's a fair cop. Good game, good game

8. Gogs

Gogs Gardener

Ratings:
    +342
    Oops ,never watch it .

9. Alice

Alice Gardener

Retired
    Ratings:
    +81
    Enjoy your party Melinda.
    Paul Daniels ? - The man makes my flesh creep.

10. Victoria

Victoria Lover of Exotic Flora

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +55,156
    One of my friends here worked for the BBC as a dress designer for 20 years and her last last project for a couple of years was a designer/dressmaker for Striictly until two years ago when she decided to retire entirely. I can't wait to catch up withn her in a couple of weeks to talk about the current costumes.

I too love the glitz and glamour of it all ... and particulary like the Salsa dancing ... s-e-x-y ....

My favourite is still Dancing on Ice .... :yho:

11. Fidgetsmum

Fidgetsmum Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +865
    My daughter and son-in-law also held a 'Strictly' party - although they called it a 'Strictly not going to watch Strictly' party. And why did two 24 year-olds hold such an event? Because they (and many of their friends) are Politics graduates and Ann Widdecombe was on it ... how sad can you get!

Mind you, these are also the same two people who held an 'Election Party', where all the food was red, blue and orange and my daughter thought it would be 'inventive' to make blue bread rolls to go with the red chicken soup. Don't ask

12. Doghouse Riley

Doghouse Riley Head Gardener

"Pleasantly unemployed."
    Ratings:
    +4,413
    Hmm...

I've watched pretty much every series of this show from the first one.
    In my opinion it reached its peak about four series ago, before Peter Fincham started "messing with it." Since then it has gone downhill because of all the gimmicky changes made (including adding too many contestants) in an attempt to match the appeal of X-Factor.
    I think the BBC are obsessed with ratings and don't seem to understand that most of those people who watch the X-Factor wouldn't be the slightest bit interested in ballroom dancing. I'd rather the BBC stop trying (and failing) to constantly "improve" this show and directed their attention on improving some of the tripe that they turn out these days. The new set is so over the top it's distracting and draws the viewers' attention away from the dancing.
    This years participants are mostly "nobodies"...again.
    I watched ten minutes of last night's preview show and that was enough, I won't be bothering to watch it this year.

13. Victoria

Victoria Lover of Exotic Flora

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +55,156
    The two things we find that spoils the show is Bruce and his terrible jokes which he finds so funny, and the music ... the band is not very good at doing covers and it would be better using the original recordings.

14. capney

capney Head Gardener

Retired and glad of it.
    Ratings:
    +1,320
    Ann Widicombe doing the salsa!
    That is just not going to happen.... thankyou...

15. Blueroses

Blueroses Gardener

Ratings:
    +2
    I love the Show, sorry, but I wouldnt miss it :oops:

Peter Shilton lives in my road and I had no idea until the contestants were announced a few days ago that he was one of them.

My comments after the preview show?

What was Ann Widdecombe wearing ? :hehe:

The Rugby player is going to seriously get on my nerves with his posing and high opinion of himself. Spray tan, shaved legs and all. And I like Rugby !

''The Wales rugby hunk, who split from singer Charlotte Church in May, says he is worried about "getting aroused" when he has to cuddle up to his dance partner for the BBC show.'' Oh perleeeze!
    [align=left]
    Paul Daniels...........youre gonna like it...... not a lot ! :snz:
    [/align]

Pamela Stevenson, oops sorry DoctorPamela, wow you love yourself too don't you? I presume she will be doing the counselling sessions as the pressure increases :skp:

I 'll still be glued to it as usual mind :yez: