Strongy's walk this afternoon

Discussion in 'Members Hobbies' started by strongylodon, Jan 13, 2013.

1. strongylodon

strongylodon Old Member

Retired
    Ratings:
    +29,600
    Just a few in the sun this afternoon.
    Brownsea Island and Poole harbour.
    [​IMG]

Birch wood.
    [​IMG]

Young Sika Stag, we counted over 130.
    [​IMG]

Distant Spoonbills (15 out of 20) hunched up against the wind and cold.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 7
    • Victoria

Victoria Lover of Exotic Flora

Lady of Leisure
      Ratings:
      +55,493
      Wow, Clive, it's like you are on one of your safari tours. Excellent shots and thank you for sharing. I just love that birth wood!

There was a flock of Canada Geese (I was told) down by us at the river today ... but I didn't have my camera ... :doh:

• Like Like x 2
      • strongylodon

strongylodon Old Member

Retired
        Ratings:
        +29,600
        I wish I was on Safari, it was a bit warmer!
        Never mind Vicky, you'll soon have the Storks back, hopefully I might see some in April, Storks, not Canada Geese.:biggrin:

• Victoria

Victoria Lover of Exotic Flora

Lady of Leisure
        Ratings:
        +55,493
        :redface: Just noticed I called it a 'birth wood' :doh:... but I am sure many births occur there! :)

Strongy, for the last couple of years the Storks don't migrate to Africa and stay here ... well, a few do but most stay now that they have 'emigrated' from the Alentejo to Algarve. :heehee:We have several pairs now in our little town where we have our post box 6kms from us. I am truly surprised how many are here in our area, hundreds and hundreds and I've yet to see the Flamigoes that have found their way to the river wetlands below us. Every time I go by, if they are sitting there I say 'hello Storks', same with the ones that have nested on the grocery store sign ... two pairs there plus a baby I think!

It is almost bizarre, when the parent storks swoop down to the wetlands, they are actually lower than our van/cabin so we are looking down at them, dozens of them in waves! I must get organised with the camera on our days down there, about three a week for a few hours at a time.

• Like Like x 1