STUFFED!

Discussion in 'General Gardening Discussion' started by ARMANDII, Mar 6, 2012.

1. ARMANDII

ARMANDII Low Flying Administrator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +100,838
    I think my habit of adding bulbs to pots and containers every year is something I'll have to curb. This is the oak barrel which stands outside the kitchen door and has the Climbing rose "White Skyliner" in it. Right now it's overflowing with bulbs pushing out of the soil, Blue Bells, Snowdrops, Muscari, White Harebells, etc. Plus I've noticed that there are literally hundreds of seedlings from last years annuals that I planted in there.[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
    • Sheal

Sheal Total Gardener

Ratings:
      +53,893
      That's going to be one crowded barrel Armandii. It'll look good when they're all in bloom though. :)

• Like Like x 1
      • Phil A

Phil A Guest

Ratings:
        +0
        And you don't think Gardeners World will consider you as an eccentric Character?

• Like Like x 1
        • ARMANDII

Ratings:
          +100,838
          I'm not eccentric, Ziggy, just strange........but I'm in good company, aren't I??:heehee:

I do have this bad habit of buying special offers of bulk buys of bulbs though and then coming home and not having clue where they're going to. That's why I end up wandering around the garden scratching a bit of soil here and there trying to find space for the bulbs....I always seem to end up with an empty bag though!

If the bulbs flower well I'll post a pic, if not ..................!!!

• Like Like x 1
          • joolz68

joolz68 Total Gardener

Ratings:
            +5,386
            lovely armandii,:dbgrtmb: ive got 3 empty ones that darrans got me from work..no idea where to put them or what to put in them,must cost an arm n a leg to fill one!
            its on my list to do :) hope you share a pic when its all in flower :blue thumb: xx

• ARMANDII

Ratings:
            +100,838
            Hi Joolz, hope all is well with you and the garden!!:biggrin: Actually, it doesn't really cost all that much at any one time, although I'd hate to tot up the overall cost. I've had this bad habit for years so the cost has been spread over that time. Plus, the original bulbs always seem to grow bigger and bigger in clumps:biggrin: